Monday, December 8, 2014

Story of this Poster

The story of how I ended up with this movie poster is pretty cool. I had this idea for my modern day Ten Commandments in 1992 but just formulated the idea for well over a decade. I had envisioned what I wanted for a poster and had done some business with an amazing graphic artist, Fuchsia McInerney. For grins I sent her out an email asking what she'd charge to do one up. I was expecting a price that I couldn't afford. I had gone out that night and when I returned home I had a reply from her. I was kind of excited to hear the quote, but to my surprise, the email had an attachment! She had already done it, for free! After seeing the poster, it was one of those dreamers moments where you think, maybe. I loved it, and was greatly humbled by her generosity.

I have often wondered why people who see it don't ask me more about it. In particular, the reflection of a mountain in the building, but its not in the water reflection. Suffice it to say, its perhaps the most important scene in the movie.

I've got these tickets that I'll be selling in a Kickstarter campaign for $5. They are promisary tickets that should my film ever be made, I will exchange it for a real ticket. I've got some to hand out, so if you want one all I ask is you share this page or post on your Facebook page or twitter account, and I will send you one along with my story.

Thanks..

0 comments: